Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Most Important Thing



School shooting. As a mother, those words terrify me. Two weeks ago, I sent my son to school thinking his worst issue would be not getting in trouble for talking in class. Today, I fear for his life in the same way I fear for my husband’s every time he leaves for work. 

THIS is what he should be focusing on- not identifying where he would hide in each classroom should the need arise.

I have so much in my heart and mind right now I can’t even finish this post the way I had planned. I just have a plea. Parents, pay attention to your children. Love them. Be in their life. Cheer their accomplishments. Be a Parent- not a buddy. Know what your child is doing and who they are spending time with. I know I spend too much time on my phone when I should be playing Legos with the boys or listening to my son tell a story. I am going to be more intentional with my time and attention. I’m not a perfect parent, but my boys are going to know that I love them, and that they can come to me no matter the situation.

With Love,
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment