Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I Nailed it!

Since Chase is in Orlando picking up his boat with the little boys, yesterday I had a free afternoon to finally get my nails done/declawed/repaired... it’s been a few weeks and they. are. rough. 
 
However, I live in Naples. And it's the middle of season. As if I could just waltz into a salon without an appointment and not have to wait. So when my fav nail place told me it would be an hour till they could fit me in, I decided to find an alternative fav nail place.

I made the decision solely on two facts: alternative salon was right beside my take-out restaurant of choice, and it was $10 cheaper than anywhere else! Which is a lot in nail world, at least for me. I’m all about a good deal and I’ll sacrifice to save money.

And I did. Not a single person in the salon looked happy- they all acted as if they were getting a tooth pulled, which worried me a bit. How could you sit in a massage chair and have Angry Face? Then there were the weird, almost nude gilt frame pictures on the wall. Not really appropriate for the amount of children that seemed to be running free between the chairs. But $10 is $10, right?
I had to be sneaky taking this picture- it was at too awkward an angle for me to play it off like I was taking a selfie
 
Luckily, Ivey did a great job and I’m pleased with the results, even though she forgot about me several times because she was busy scolding her kid.  How did I know her name was Ivey? Because the lady next to me was either trying to impress, or just had a great memory. She called Every staff person by their name- and knew their kids- and their spouses! I don’t know about you, but when I am getting my hair or nails done, it’s me time. I don’t really want to engage in chit chat. The time I get away from work and little people is very limited and I prefer to sit quietly being pampered. 
 (Upon reflection of the above paragraph, it sounds a little snobby. I’m not rude- if they want to talk, I’m friendly. I just don’t initiate the conversation. Better?)
My ring is an heirloom- it was Chase's grandma's wedding ring.
 
I also felt extreme guilt over my former nail polish choice, pink sparkle glitter, as Ivey went about the arduous task of removing said glitter. I don’t blame her for making faces and muttering, what I'm sure were not complimentary, comments about me to her co-worker. What can I say? I heart glitter, even if it is impossible to take off.

https://www.hbbeautybar.com/products/charmmy-and-sugar-by-opi?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=9845564549&gclid=Cj0KCQiAq6_UBRCEARIsAHyrgUzgZeqBmuHVsexsYs0cbEjayru0vlyxT2pD0KTYmI6cTICp09AIBVoaAkH0EALw_wcB
Don't judge my life choices
 
So I smile and tip well, and try not to make eye contact with naked wall pictures. All in all, I think I’ll go back. At least it’s not boring.

With Love,
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment