Wednesday, February 14, 2018

I Love That Man

***WARNING*** This is a mushy lovey post. If you're looking for humor and sarcasm today, I'm afraid you'll have to check back in tomorrow.

Ah Valentine's Day. A day of love, high expectations, and potential disappointment. I have had a couple such disappointments in my history, and they're nothing I want to recall. Fortunately, I've got the most wonderful man in my life now and I am completely undeserving of him.


Chase sacrifices every day for myself and our family. He works 12-hour shifts at night, then comes home to four hours of sleep because he picks up Cayden from school and plays with the boys all afternoon until I get home from work. He makes dinner most nights and takes out the trash because he knows I hate to do it. He is a patient step-father and gets along with my ex-husband. He eats the chicken legs because the boys and I prefer the white meat. He changes the oil in my car and pumps my gas so I don't get dirty. He answers the phone every time I call, even if he's asleep or with the guys. He takes a lightsaber to Star Wars Day because Cayden asked him to, even though he's the only adult with one. He patiently endures my temper tantrums and is always quick to forgive.

Turks & Caicos- Honeymoon 2014

Holding baby Cayden- 2014

Micah's 7th Birthday

Armageddon Ambush Mud Run 2013

His first Tough Mudder 2013

Blackhawks game in Chicago 2017

One of our first dates- Strawberry Festival 2012

We've been together almost six years and he hasn't run away from my craziness yet. I thank God for giving me Chase, and I love him with all my heart.

With Love,
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment