Friday, May 17, 2019

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I’m not a fan of cooking. I mean, I can cook. I managed to keep Micah and myself alive when we were on our own for a few years. But it’s not my favorite activity. Chase and I have an agreement. He makes dinner, and I clean up. Before you think he’s getting a raw deal, you should see the number of dishes that man can use for one meal!

Anyway, what I prefer is baking. One year back in high school, I won so many blue ribbons at the fair, I lost count. Fresh bread, pies, cakes, you name it. But my favorite thing to bake is chocolate chip cookies. And mine are the best you will ever have.
 
I learned this delicious skill from my grandma. She was a sweet, southern lady and she could bake anything! She even made fruitcake taste good! I remember sitting in her kitchen when I was little and she’d always have a cookie jar on the counter full to the brim with chocolate chip cookies. And if those ran out, she had bags of them in her freezer. She never used a recipe- she just had it all memorized. That’s how she taught me- and I’ll never reveal what’s in them. I love making cookies for my family and they remind me of those priceless memories in grandma’s kitchen.

She’s up in heaven now, and I guarantee Papa and Jesus are asking her for some of those amazing chocolate chip cookies.


PS- If this post made you hungry, here's a couple of recipes you should try from the judges of my favorite baking show. They're pretty yummy and super easy to make with the kids.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/duff-goldman/andes-mint-cookies-3364284
Duff Goldman's Andes Mint Cookies
 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nancy-fuller/peanut-butter-blossoms-3415533
Nancy Fuller's Peanut Butter Blossoms
 

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/cookies_and_cream_fudge_48648
Lorraine Pascale's Cookies and Cream Fudge Brownies
 

With Love,

Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment