Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A Short Life Choice


Remember 2007 Brittany Spears? The breakdown. The shaved head. That’s me. Well, kinda. I didn’t shave it all off, but I went as close as I’ve ever gone. It happened because Southwest Florida is really freakin hot in the summer. It’s miserable-hot from April to November and less-miserable-hot from December through March.

A couple years ago I cut it pretty short, but got talked out of the full pixie cut I wanted. It ended up looking a little dreadful and weirdly bowl-like for a while. This time I went in to the salon armed with pictures and determination. It was overkill. Jessie, my stylist, was delighted to cut all my hair off. She chattered the entire time, which usually makes me nervous, but I was too focused on the piles of blonde hair that were starting to completely encircling us. I kept telling myself to breathe. It's just hair. It'll grow back. Maybe I can start a wig trend. Breathe. It's just hair.



And here’s the newest me! I love it. Absolutely love it. In fact, I think I might try one of the below pictures next time. My other plan, (and this is just an idea, I’m still a little scared about following through) is to let my roots grow out and in a couple hair cuts, I’ll know what my real hair color is again. I’ve been coloring it since I was 17, so it’s anyone’s guess what the color is and how much has turned gray. I’m thinking the gray is significant since Cayden and Ezra came long. Micah was a pretty good, if loud, kid. His younger brothers seem determined to fight over everything from which identical plate they use for dinner, to who can pour the most water out of the bathtub before mama gets mad. Speaking of the kids, they think I cut my hair all off so that I match the rest of my male household. Eyeroll.

Love Ginnifer's look!

Or maybe a grown up Hermione?

I like the gray-lavenderish color

But back to my hair. If I do end up coloring it, I’m still deciding on the shade. I’m considering a lavender, since the last time my hair was to dark to really appreciate the full purple-ness. Thoughts?

With Love,

Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment