Thursday, January 11, 2018

A Lofty Project



So Handsome Hubby got me a new laptop for Christmas. It’s been great- and eliminated my excuse for not writing because I couldn’t figure out his ancient Mac. But with the computer came the idea that I needed my own writing space, which of course, will make me a better writer! I’ve decided to seize/hijack/annex/appropriate/conquer the loft from the boys. (I had a lot of fun with the thesaurus.)

Anyway, I’ve fallen down the Pinterest rabbit hole and have a million ideas on what to do with my new space. It’s currently a toy collector and decorated with comic book memorabilia, and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to completely remove either, but I’d like to make it more Susanne-like. Then there's the struggle with my inner geek and kinda wanting to find a place for this this Star Wars lamp.


http://www.hottopic.com/product/star-wars-the-last-jedi-bb-8-desk-lamp/11088942.html

I’ve also been looking at paint swatches for a focal wall. This, however, will become a job for Chase. Does that sound unfair? Well, let me just tell you a story. Back when we had the old house and were trying to get it on the market, we had the bright idea to paint every room in the house. I was pregnant at the time, and Chase told me I didn’t need to help because he didn’t want me getting tired. I said I was fine! He then told me the paint fumes were bad for me, so I didn’t need to help. I kept insisting it was too big a job for one person. Next, he said he was having a friend come over to help him, so there was no need for me to paint. By this point, I was getting frustrated and told him it just sounded like he didn’t want me to paint! The guilty look on his face was priceless. Allegedly*, I am a ‘messy’ painter. I get drips everywhere and I can’t keep paint off the baseboards. He felt it would be more work to have me ‘help’ than to just do the entire house himself. Allegedly*. This initially hurt my feelings, but it’s been a great card to play in the years since. Want to paint the living room? Get busy then, cause I’m too messy to be any help. (evil laugh)

Okay, back to my new writing space. I’m undecided on what kind of desk I want. I’m thinking maybe something colorful, or if I get my focal wall, a little more neutral.
Simple is better and not having clutter really helps the stress level and feel more focused. Part of that is having the perfect chair- comfy and soft. I adore this one from Pottery Barn; just not a fan of the price tag, so I’m still exploring my options. (Does anyone else immediately think of Friends when Pottery Barn is mentioned?? Apothecary table? No, okay just me then) I’m a little scattered today.

I’m not a huge fan of this desk, however the space surrounding it makes me happy.


Here’s the current situation of the loft- I’ll be posting after pics, once I get this up and running, which will probably be a little while because I want it to be perfect! FYI, my wonderful husband took these pics for me, but didn't feel it necessary to at least remove the laundry from the pictures. Sigh. Boys.



*Bob’s Burgers reference- season 8, episode 3. I’m not an obsessive fan. 


With Love,
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment