Thursday, November 30, 2017

Of Sickness and Blessings



The last month has been rather stressful. Micah was patient zero and it went downhill from there. Cayden had a fever and horrible cough for nearly a week. Then Ezra got the flu, in spite of having had his flu shot!! Chase was next with bronchitis and the flu. We had planned to host our first ever extended family Thanksgiving, and nearly had to cancel. It ended up being a wonderful day, even though some people weren’t able to attend. I thought we had reached the end of the sick train, but nope. It circled back around with Cayden and Ezra both running fevers for an additional few days.

 

Last night was our first night at church in four weeks, and it was refreshing. It’s so easy to get out of the habit of going to church, especially with kids and jobs and it being a forty-five minute drive. But I am always so glad once I get there. The fourth annual Live Nativity is taking place next weekend, and I volunteered to help in some way. Seagate Baptist Church is such a blessing to my family, and to the community. Hopefully this will be the biggest year yet for the nativity- last year several thousand people attended and heard about Jesus. I want to be a part of that. I get so caught up in my own life and kids that I ignore that need deep inside me that wants to reach out and help others. I surrendered a long time ago to whatever God wanted me to do and, at the time, I thought that was to work in church ministry full time. That dream ended along with my first marriage. For years I was focused on just supporting myself and son as a single mom. But now life is more stable and I want to make the time to make a difference in my world. I’m still not sure what that difference will be, but there’s got to be a first step, right? This is a rambling post today, but the bottom line is, we have All been blessed. Find a way to pass that forward to someone who needs it.



No comments:

Post a Comment